SD Europe’s ‘Fans Matter!’ project brings supporters organisations, member-run football clubs and national football associations together on a new collaborative project funded and supported by the European Commission and UEFA.
SD Europe, Sandlanders, Israfans, Supporters in Campo, FASFE, Israel FA, FIGC, Beveren and PAC Omonia 1948 are the national/continental fan organisations, national football associations and member-run clubs from nine countries, spreading across three continents, which will be involved in a series of training workshops and exchange visits, with the goal of improving the resources available to member-run football clubs and supporter organisations that are involved in the management of clubs.
The goal of Fans Matter! is to improve the capacity and professional management of member-run football clubs and supporter organisations that are involved in the management of clubs, particularly on the non-elite – lower league and amateur level.
The Fans Matter! project is following a constant progression of SD Europe’s work and its network. We very much welcome the fact that National Associations such as Italy and Israel joined the project.
– Patrick Gasser, Head of Football & Social Responsibility, UEFA
The Fans Matter! project is about promoting values shared by the Commission: transparency, democracy and dialogue in sport. And it is above all about passion. Passion for sport, passion for football and passion for our club!
– Yves Le Lostecque, Head of the Sport Unit, the European Commission
Fans Matter! will:
- improve the operational capacity and professional management of football supporters who are or want to be involved in the running of their football clubs
- improve the support national supporter organisations and national football associations provide to their members
- improve the relationships between member-run clubs, supporters and the authorities and establish channels for long-term cooperation and joint educational programmes
- gather feedback and research to further develop educational support to clubs, supporters and associations
- developing long-term national action plans, which will establish a schedule of workshops that is based on the outcomes and learnings of this project and is delivered jointly by national supporters organisations and football associations
- contribute towards achieving a more sustainable and responsible management of European football, with benefits for both society and the economy within and beyond the industry
- contribute towards the EU goal of promoting and ensuring a culture of good governance in sport
- develop a network between member-run clubs in Europe, Israel and Africa
For enquiries about Fans Matter! please get in touch via the Contact Us page.